Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole with Chicken
As our family is on a path to live a healthier life and make better choices for our health, food is just a natural part of that road. Even though I am not a cook, I needed a quick, easy, and convenient meal so I created the Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole with Chicken for my family.
Minute® Rice can be a great main meal or side dish for your next family get-together or potluck.
Perhaps I am the last person on the face of the earth who has never made Minute® Rice before. In case there happens to be someone else like me, I love that it was as easy as boil water, add rice, set aside, then fluff. I am definitely not a cook, but that seems easy enough for me.
Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole with Chicken by Wendy Wright
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 2 Tbsps extara virgin olive oil
- 3 cups cooked Minute® White Rice
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz.) broccoli cheese soup
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli crowns
- 2 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese with a touch of Philly
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sautee chopped onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat. Cook until desired tenderness.
- While onion is cooking, cook the rice.
- Chop and clean the broccoli.
- Place chicken breasts in greased 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
- Layer broccoli over the chicken.
- Mix together the onion, rice, broccoli cheese soup, sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheese, and pour over the broccoli and chicken breasts.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove aluminum foil. Cover with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 more minutes or until chicken is cooked completely and cheese is melted.
- Six year old son: Two thumbs up
- Nine year old son: One thumb up.
- My husband: One 1/2 thumbs up He would have added a little spice or seasoning to the chicken but he was thankful for a night off of cooking.
- Me: Two thumbs up. Easy to prepare and I love anything that can bake without supervision. The rice adds a nice, filling touch and the broccoli comes out just a bit crispy without being soggy. We have enough for leftovers for another night, plus the vegetables are sneaked in a little bit.
- Season the chicken to your liking before baking.
- Cut up chicken in smaller pieces.
- I like my onions really, really sauteed well. The boys don’t notice the taste of it so much.
Minute® Rice is so quick and easy to prepare and is great pantry staple. When meal time seems like a hassle, Minute® Rice is a go-to ingredient your whole family will love and allows you to have more quality time doing what your want with your loved ones.
Leftover rotisserie chicken or veggies from a meal earlier in the week? Minute® Rice can easily be paired with some of your leftover ingredients to make a quick, easy and wholesome meal your whole family will love in just a matter of minutes.
Visit Minute® Rice to create a great main meal or side dish for your next family get-together or potluck.
Connect with Minute® Rice on Facebook and Twitter. #LoveEveryMinute
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice. All opinions are my own.