Last month I shared with you the Spaghetti Squash with Pesto recipe. Easy Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Hearts for February, just in time for a last minute Valentine’s Day treat to make for the one you love.
Here is a perfect blend of sweet and salty with this super easy Valentine treat to share with the one you love. Want to know how easy it is? I have been so incredibly sick these last few weeks and my husband actually was the one to make the white chocolate hearts for me. He’s a keeper.
Easy Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Hearts
- 1/4 cup Wilton white chocolate melts
- 1 teaspoon Hershey’s caramel topping that comes in a jar
- 2 thin pretzels, broken
- 1/4 cup Wilton red chocolate melts
- Melt white chocolate in microwave at 15 second increments, stirring each time until melted. Fill two hearts evenly in the (affiliate link) Wilton 6-Cavity Silicone Heart Mold Pan. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to speed up the setting process. Remove from freezer when solid and pop out.
- Place one white heart on a plate. Using a spoon, place caramel topping on top. Cover with broken pretzel pieces and place just enough caramel on top of this to adhere a white heart to the top, just like making a sandwich.
- Melt the red chocolate using the same directions in step 1 for the white chocolate. Lay heart sandwich on plate and drizzle with red melted chocolate. Serve when dry or eat right away for messy fun.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Seven year old son: Two thumbs up.
- Ten year old son: Two thumbs up.
- My husband: Two thumbs up.
- Me: Two thumbs up, but my hands are a sticky mess.
- Sweetheart Popcorn from A Night Owl
- Queen of Hearts Chex Mix from Bless This Mess
- Valentine’s Jello Popcorn Balls from Mom Endeavors
- Heart Shaped Pretzels from Betsy Life
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Strawberry Maple Syrup from Eat Your Heart Out
- Heart Shaped Strawberry Shortcake from See Vanessa Craft
- Mini Heart-Shaped Monkey Bread from Home Cooking Memories
- Raspberry Cream Tart from A Little Claireification
- Rice Crispy Hearts from The Rebel Chick
- Nutella Filled Conversation Hearts from Million Moments