Fall means football and gatherings full of fun so appetizers without a lot of work are essential for game day fun. The end zone cheese dip recipe is one we have made so many times as it is a favorite of family and friends.
The dip can last for a few hours on low or a warm setting giving you plenty of time to enjoy tailgaiting. Be careful to watch it though after a couple hours the dip can start to burn.
End Zone Cheese Dip
- 1 pound 93/7 lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 24 oz jar fresh salsa
- 1 pound of Velveeta
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Add garlic to ground beef and brown until thoroughly cooked on stove.
- While meat is cooking cube Velveeta and add to slow cooker with salsa.
- Once beef is done, add to slow cooker and continue heating.
- After mixture is heated and starting to bubble, add sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Mix thoroughly and continue heating. Once heated throughly, dip is ready to serve with chips.
Serves: 20 – Double the recipe to fill a 5 quart slow cooker
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: On high approximately 1 hour. On low approximately 2-3 hours.
Now for the other amazing tailgating recipes this month.
- Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes from A Night Owl Blog
- BLT Dip from Betsy Life
- Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels from Home Cooking Memories
- Chicken Parmesan Bites from A Little Claireification
- Deviled Eggs from The Rebel Chick
- Ten Minute Mozzarella Sticks from Million Moments
- Avocado Bruschetta from Bless This Mess Please
- Slow Cooker Apricot BBQ Chicken Wings from Mom Endeavors
- Bacon Ranch Cream Cheese Roll-Ups from Stephie Cooks
- Tailgating Texas Caviar from See Vanessa Craft