Just one time playing Forza 5 during the XBox One tour convinced me this was a hot game that needed to come to come to our house this Christmas. The sweet ride and the ESRB rating of E for Everyone means racing and speed for kids and adults.
Forza Motorsport 5 is a perfect gift for under the tree that is guaranteed to be ripped open on Christmas morning. Right now if you purchase Forza 5 and select M&M’s products at Walmart, you can earn a $10 eGift card from Walmart through Buy, Snap, Redeem. All you have to do is buy M&M’s, which are perfect for your stocking. Be sure to look at the information below to see the details.
We have been having fun at our house creating pixel art and came up with way too many ideas. Throughout this post you will see a few of our favorites featuring the XBox logo, XBox One, and of course I had to add in my love of Disney with the Sorcerer Mickey Mouse hat coming to Disney Infinity.
Since you will have quite a few M&M’s, it is time to get creative and share some pixel art. You might be wondering what pixel art is and how to go about creating it.
7 tips to creating great pixel art
- Choose a plain background. A solid color of white or black will let your artwork shine through.
- A simple design goes a long way.
- Not all M&M’s are created equal. My favorites are the pretzel ones but they are round and roll around. Holiday flavors are bigger but you can’t go wrong with the regular M&M’s. Try mixing the three types together to create something fun.
- Scale it down. Every single idea I had involved creating pixel art bigger than my kitchen table. Scaling it down to a manageable size was easier to work with.
- Use a different color of chocolate to mark the center point of your image. With all the dots the eyes can go cross eyed. One one image where green and white were used, an orange colored one marked the spot easily.
- Snap a photo every little bit just to see your progress. Better to make adjustments early on than after everything is finished.
- Don’t cry over spilled candy. Just when you have the last piece placed and everything looks perfect, a cat or a child might decide to accidentally come celebrate with you. Not that this happened to me at all.
M&M Pixel Art Instagram Contest
Every image you share on Instagram and Twitter is a chance to win something super cool. Trust me. You could win an XBox One, Forza 5, and M&M’s. I know our family would be over the moon if we won this. Everyone knows gaming is better with M. Be sure to read the official rules.
Buy, Snap, Redeem Details
- Buy Forza Motorsport 5 game at Walmart.
- Buy participating M&M’s products:
- M&M’s Peanut 42oz Stand Up Pouch
- M&M’s Milk 42oz Stand Up Pouch
- M&M’s Peanut Butter 38oz Stand Up Pouch
- M&M’s Pretzel 30oz Stand Up Pouch
- M&M’s Peanut 19.2oz Large Laydown Bag
- M&M’s Milk 19.2oz Large Laydown Bag
- M&M’s Peanut Butter 18.4oz Large Laydown Bag
- M&M’s Pretzel 15.4oz Large Laydown Bag
- Total M&M purchase must be at least $8 for offer to work.
- Snap a photo of the receipt on your phone with qualifying items circled and text it to 811811. Include the code M&M with the picture of your receipt.
- Game and M&M’s must be purchased on the same receipt.
- Receive a text back with a reward code valid for a $10 eGift card to Walmart.
To make the picture go through easier, open the text function on your phone and snap the photo right then otherwise uploading it from your photo gallery might make the image too large to send. This trick worked for me on my second try.
Candy, cars, and Christmas make Forza 5, XBox One, and M&M’s a sweet gift this holiday season where even if you are giving the gift of gaming to someone else this Christmas, you can earn a sweet $10 reward just for being you. Now that is something sweet!