This is a sponsored post from Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions are my own.
You know the Disney music inside out, but the Jazz Loves Disney CD brings a new sound to some familiar tunes.
These are not your classic Disney songs you have heard a million times. The 13 songs are redone in a new way that make some of them completely new songs but a few are still recognizable and just might have you singing along.
The smooth, soulful music provides a mellow and relaxing sound, perfect to unwind at the end of a long day.
Disney music has spanned generations in my life from music enjoyed with my parents and passed down to my children who will certainly pass it down to theirs one day. Our number one place to vacation as a family is Disneyland and hearing the sounds always bring back the memories of rides and laughter filled moments.
Two favorites from this album were easy to discover upon the first time listening. Gregory Porter’s “When You Wish Upon A Star” from Pinocchio. You just cannot help but sway to the music and smile when hearing this one. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra’s “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” from Cinderella is also another favorite.
Track number 13 is a surprising favorite with the French version of “I Wanna Be Like You” performed by The Hot Sardines. The brass shines through and is a toe tapping number reminiscent of the classic Disney music, transporting me to a table filled with Beignets and Mint Juleps in New Orleans Square in Disneyland while Princess Tiana waves as she walks by. Sadly, no music from the Princess and the Frog is included on this CD, which would have been the perfect addition since it is set in New Orleans, the home of jazz.
[quote]Disney represents the imaginative representation of good and evil for both children and adults, it represents a virtual dream state. – Gregory Porter[/quote]
The Jazz Loves Disney CD was produced by Jaw Newland and arranged and directed by Rob Mounsey.
Jazz Loves Disney Album Track List
- Everybody Wants To Be A Cat – from The Aristocats by Jamie Cullum
- He’s A Tramp – from Lady And The Tramp by Melody Gardot
- Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo (French version) – from Cinderella by Stacey Kent
- When You Wish Upon A Star – from Pinocchio by Gregory Porter
- Why Don’t You Do Right – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit? by China Moses
- I Wanna Be Like You – from The Jungle Book by Raphaël Gualazzi
- A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes – from Cinderella by The Rob Mounsey Orchestra
- You’ve Got A Friend In Me – from Toy Story by Hugh Coltman
- Let It Go – from Frozen by Anne Sila
- The Bare Necessities – from The Jungle Book by Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi
- Once Upon A Dream – from Sleeping Beauty by Laika
- Someday My Prince Will Come – from Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs by Nikki Yanofsky
- I Wanna Be Like You (French and English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only) by The Hot Sardines
Jazz Loves Disney album launches on November 18, 2016. Order your album on iTunes. #JazzLovesDisney