The perfect place to see Disney’s Frozen is in Downtown Disney, followed by a fun time at Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink. Olaf absolutely brings the magic to Downtown Disney this holiday season with ice skating outdoors just steps away from the entrance to Disneyland.
If you are going to Disneyland for Christmas, take some time to make memories together on ice at Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink. Even though it was so difficult to not go see all the beautiful Christmas decorations at Disneyland during my absolutely favorite season at Disney, we enjoyed Downtown Disney’s fun and adventure to still bring the magic alive.
Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink is only open for a short period of time this holiday season.
My youngest son had never been ice skating before and this was such a magical experience to enjoy with him as I introduced him to the ice rink for the first time under the giant Christmas tree lit up at night with Olaf looking on as we skated to the music of Frozen.
If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile you can understand why I was very hesitant to put ice skates on after my sledding accident and the curb incident, but I had an absolutely wonderful time and thankfully there were not any emergency room visits needed. Just moments shared of laughter and fun, which is what my Disney Side is all about.
If you arrive before skating time, the rink is covered with a net to keep the ice cold. Skating opens at 3:00 pm daily and is available during the day and at night. While both are fun, it is the night time skating that our family loved.
Safety is a priority and children and adults are required to wear a helmet while on the ice.
Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink is a small rink surrounded by little buildings to make it look like the town of Arendelle in Norway. There is a variety of merchandise available but the best is the hot chocolate by Ghirardelli and is the perfect treat after ice skating. I highly recommend the Sea Salt Caramel Hot Cocoa.
Children under 11: $12.00
Socks: $3.00 (if you don’t already bring a pair)
Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink Skate Session Times:
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- 9:00 pm – 10:30 pm
Friday and Saturday
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- 9:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Know before you go:
- Parents are welcome to enter with the children to help them with their skates.
- All skates and helmets are sanitized.
- If you come a few minutes before the prior session ends, you can get a head start on the line to get the equipment.
- Each person receives a fun Frozen card set with Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Sven, Kristoff, and Hans.
- Beginner skates are available with double blades, if needed for younger ones.
- You can join the skating session at any time.
- Access in and out is closed at times for the Zamboni to prepare the ice for the next session.
- If you time it just right, you might be able to finish ice skating and watch the fireworks as you leave the parking area.
Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink is open until January 11, 2014 and is located in Downtown Disney, right outside AMC Theatres, Earl of Sandwich, and the ESPN Zone.
As always, I love to share my love of Disney with you and these are our thoughts from our own experience. Disney did not ask for this post but we had an amazing time.