Print Photos from iPhone for Last Minute Canvas Gifts
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
It only took one hour and twenty-one minutes to take one image and print photos from iPhone in order to make a last minute Christmas gift. Now I am sure you are asking what kind of Christmas gift can you make from your iPhone in less time than it takes to get ready for a Christmas party that anyone would want to open? Oh, have I got you covered.
Walgreens makes it easy to make a last minute Christmas gift to print photos from iPhone.
Not only did I have a canvas print made directly from my iPhone, from the time I submitted my order until it was ready for pickup the total time was 1 hour and 21 minutes. That’s it. Honestly, I had no idea it could be done at this store and done so quickly too.
While driving over to get the canvas print from my local Walgreens photo department there were doubts about the quality but once I saw the item in my hands I knew this was one last minute Christmas gift sure to be treasured.
Just two months ago my son received his 10th birthday present from us where he had a wonderful opportunity to swim with a dolphin. Those moments were so treasured by both of us but having something to remember the feeling was my goal in picking out a photo for him to look at every day.
No one will know it was a last minute gift, except you.
Just a bit of fair warning to parents with more than one child. Once you pick up the beautiful canvas and show it to your child the other child will utter words you should have expected. “Where’s mine?” My jaw dropped as I realized I would be making another canvas directly from my iPhone.
One of my favorite photos of my youngest son’s first Mickey Mouse balloon at Disneyland was taken with my old iPhone 4S but I loved it so much it is still on my iPhone 5S. All I had to do was order his picture. Just a few clicks and it was on the way to be printed in just a little over an hour.
Ten steps to make a beautiful photo project that looks like you spent a lot of money and time but you really didn’t.
- Pick your picture which might be the hardest step of all by narrowing it down to just one
- Download the Walgreens App and sign in or sign up for an account
- Click “Photo” on the App then click “Poster and Canvas Prints”
- Under Canvas Prints click “Get Started”
- Allow Walgreens App access to your photos and pick your picture
- Select size of either 11 x 14 or 12 x 12 but be very sure there is not a yellow triangle next to the size with an exclamation mark saying the picture is not of high enough quality
- Take a look at the lines on the canvas: the blue line shows where the image is cut, the purple lines show what part of the image is seen, and the area between the purple and blue lines is what is the sides of the canvas when it wraps around
- Click “Print to Walgreens” and the photo will be uploaded
- Double check the size and quantity and be sure to add in your coupon code here if you have one
- Pick the Walgreens location to have it printed, add your contact information, and submit your order
If there was one tip I wanted to share with you it is this. Be sure to pick the best size canvas for your photo. I really wanted the 12 x 12 size but the photos we selected just didn’t look good in that size so I went with the 11 x 14. Fitting the photo to the medium is so important instead of the other way around.
In addition to canvas prints, there are many other items to make from the Walgreens app
- Photo cards
- Collage prints
- Canvas Prints
- PrintWorthy card
QuickPrints are ready in about an hour from your phone, Faceook, Instagram, or uploaded directly onto the Walgreens website.
Although the boys already know about this gift early because I wanted my son to be able to pick his favorite photo for this gift, we are waiting until after the Christmas festivities to hang them in their room. They don’t know that I just might end up putting them in the living room or the hallway. Too many places to put their adorable faces that bring joy to my life too.
Now that I have made two canvas prints from my iPhone, my mind is filled with all the other ideas of people I can create photo gifts for. Just another reason to take more pictures this Christmas season.
Follow Walgreens on Facebook and follow the conversation on Twitter with #WalgreensApp because once you use their photo app you understand why Walgreens is at the corner of Merry Moments and Lasting Memories.
2 thoughts on “Print Photos from iPhone for Last Minute Canvas Gifts”
This is such a great pic, how could you not put this on your wall?! And I love the idea of a canvas print! #client
Thank you, Kelly. We are going to have fun trying to figure out which one place to put it. The boys want it in their room and I want to show it off. Maybe we will just have to make more of them.