A family pumpkin carving party at work many years ago introduced our family to pumpkin chili. Although our family is not typically a fan of chili we loved it and found a way to make it our own by making our own pumpkin chili recipe with ingredients we will eat.
This particular recipe was created two years ago for a Kenmore cooking competition I participated in but never shared on my blog. It was this recipe that landed me in the top five of all recipes submitted from among some amazing foodie competitors and am excited to share this recipe with you today. Oh yes, it is that tasty. Excuse me while I go make a new batch of pumpkin chili for lunch and dinner.
Pumpkin Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 container sour cream, optional
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Cook ground beef and onion together over medium heat. If preferred, brown onion before adding meat.
- While this is cooking place canned pumpkin, pepper, pumpkin pie spice, tomato soup, chili sauce, and chili powder in a slow cooker and mix together.
- When meat is no longer pink, remove from stove, add to slow cooker, and stir.
- Simmer in crock pot on low for four hours. For quicker cooking time, add ingredients after meat is browned and cook down for 20 minutes.
- Serve. Optional toppings are sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: On high approximately 20 minutes. On low approximately 4 hours.
- Pumpkin Pie S’mores from Betsylife
- Mini Pumpkin-Apple Chimichangas from Home Cooking Memories
- Pasta with Sausage and Creamy Sage Pumpkin Sauce from A Little Claireification
- Pumpkin Pie Yogurt from The Rebel Chick
- Pumpkin Patch Buttercream Frosting from Million Moments
- Pumpkin Nut Bread from A Night Owl Blog
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding Cups from Bless This Mess Please
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes from Mom Endeavors
- Pumpkin Sage Biscuits from Stephie Cooks
- Iced Pumpkin Spiced Latte from See Vanessa Craft