Although we do not have ocean front property in Arizona, we can bring the feel of the ocean home to us with this Sand Castle Rice Krispies Treats recipe perfect for summer fun.
For this super easy recipe all you need are the basic ingredients of the all familiar childhood recipe, plus some sandwich cookies. Add a few brand new sand toys and you have everything you need to bring beach memories home without any worries of jellyfish, sharks, or sand that goes everywhere.
Summer toys for the sand are available everywhere but something smaller would work better so we found these sand toys at Dollar Tree for a whopping total of $2.00.
Sandcastle Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 5 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 can Pam cooking spray
- 1 package sandwich cookies
- New sand castle toys in various shapes: starfish, turtle, bucket, castle, etc.
- Using a plastic bag that zips, insert a few sandwich cookies. Use a rolling-pin to crush the cookies. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the new sand castle toys. Coat the inside with Pam cooking spray.
- Follow the instructions for the Rice Krispies Treats.
- Fill the mixture inside the shapes. Be sure to press down with the spoon to fill the entire shape.
- Let cool.
- Carefully remove from the shape. The smaller the shape, the slower it is to get out. If it is a larger shape just turn it over and it should come right out.
- Place down a layer of the crushed sandwich cookies to look like sand. Add Rice Krispies treats shapes on top of the sand and enjoy.
Check out these other great summer recipes.
Go ahead and make them all since it is a long, hot summer.
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas
- Great-Grandma’s “Secret-Ingredient” Potato Salad
- Blueberry Pie Bars
- Watermelon Green Tea
- Independence Day Cranberry Pop Rocks Mocktail
- Zucchini Recipes
- Grilled Pizza
- Fruit Yogurt Parfaits
- Root Beer Float Popsicles
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Coke Float Popsicles
- Peach Cobbler Cupcakes
- Lemon Picnic Pasta
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- How to cut a watermelon
- Even more Favorite Summer Recipes
Sandcastle Rice Krispies Treats and these recipes are just what we need to help pass the summer.