The Disney Social Media Moms Celebration 2014 at Disneyland is over and even a few days afterward I still do not have all the words to describe what the experience was like and what this meant to me.
If you can dream it, you can do it. – Walt Disney
Life changed for me as a blogger on February 3rd when I received an invitation to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. What was once a conference I watched from home on Twitter and Instagram with delightful anticipation became a dream of mine to one day hopefully attend. Never in a million years did I ever imagine it would really happen. Never.
Then the invitation arrived and I felt like Cinderella.
We began counting down the days in anticipation of what was to come, yet it still didn’t feel real. It was beyond my ability to comprehend all of the magic planned for us.
Attending Disney Social Media Moms was my Oscar worthy moment.
There are no awards in blogging but after watching so many celebrities receive an Oscar and other awards, this was my defining moment.
I was once like you, sitting at home watching every tweet and picture of the #DisneySMMoms Celebration and reading every post I could find about the event and it just all seemed so magical.
These posts are written for you:
- The one who lives and breathes everything Disney
- The one who wants to attend a Disney Social Media Moms event
- The one who wants to know what it is really like inside #DisneySMMoms.
- The one who just cannot get enough.
- The one who wanted to climb in my suitcase.
- The one who wants to be a DisneySMMom.
This is the very first of many, many posts to come. Each time a new post is published, I will link it up here so it is easy to find. You can also use #DisneySMMoms to find all the related posts and subscribe by email. Of course you can also follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
An In-Depth Look at Disney Social Media Moms Celebration 2014 at Disneyland
This was our schedule of events, but things changed a little bit when I won an exclusive meet and greet opportunity with celebrities. Oh yes! That was a magical moment.
Before the conference
- Twitter Clues for 2014
- How to Create Disney Badges for Your Blog
- Disney Living Brings New Line of Clothing for Kids
Thursday, April 12, 2014
- 50th Celebration of It’s a Small World
- Video: Richard Sherman Cavalcade
- Welcome Reception
- Family Dinner
Friday, April 13, 2014
- Conference Day
- Donald Driver, former Green Bay Packers player, former Super Bowl Champion, author of Quickie children’s book series
- Maxine Clark, Founder Build-A-Bear
- Gary Buchanan, Disney Blogs
- Thomas Smith, Disney Parks Social Media Director
- Doug Bowman, Creative Director of Twitter
- Disney Social Media All-Stars, hosted by Erin Glover
- Leslie Kay, Disney Bound
- Grumpy Cat
- Jorge Narvaez, Reality Changers
- Elsa and Anna
- Jack Skellington and Sally
- Color of Wonder
Saturday, April 12, 2014
- Family Breakfast
- Disney Jr. Give a Book Get a Book
- Genevieve Goings, Choo Choo Soul
- Video of Genevieve singing to me
- LeVar Burton, Reading Rainbow and Star Trek Next Generations
- Video of Free Comic Book Day Annoucement
- David Arquette, voice of Skully in Jake and the Never Land Pirates
- Ariel Winter, voice of Sofia from Sofia the First
- Tim Gunn, voice of Baileywick in Sofia the First
- Don Hahn, Producer of Maleficent
- Elle Fanning, Aurora in Maleficent
- Sabrina Carpenter, “Can’t Blame a Girl for Trying”
- Disneynature Bears Movie Premiere
- Family Dinner in ToonTown
Sunday, April 13, 2014
- Breakfast in Cars Land
Our entire family has been absolutely amazed at what Disney did for everyone who attended and how special we felt. They absolutely rolled out the red carpet. Our hearts have grown to love Disney even more and we never thought that would be possible. Thank you to every cast member involved in creating the magical memories and showing our family that dreams come true.
Disclosure: Our family was invited to the 2014 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration where I paid a conference fee to attend. Our family received discounted and complimentary items from Disneyland and sponsors as part of the conference but were not asked to write about our experiences. All opinions, experiences, and love for Disney are entirely our own.