Chicken nuggets are a food group all by themselves. At least my children like to think they are. Luckily their favorite brand is Tyson and last Christmas we had a great time making snowman chicken nuggets so I am happy to share more chicken nuggets fun in this sponsored post.
The boys were surprised when I told them there were two new flavors of Tyson chicken nuggets at Walmart: Spicy Chicken Nuggets and Cheesy Chicken Nuggets.
Since these are brand new on the grocery store shelves, we tried both flavors first before deciding on what to make with them. The cheesy chicken nuggets are tasty and have just a hint of cheese to satisfy the cheese lover in our house.
Just a word of warning for you. Don’t be fooled by Tyson’s Spicy Chicken Nuggets. I am not a fan of anything spicy so I was surprised when I ate one and wondered where the spicy part was. But just give it a few seconds after you swallow it and then BAM! comes the spicy part. Oh yes, it most definitely has some kick to it. I may or may not have downed a glass of water after just one bite since spicy is something my husband prefers.
To make dinner fun and easy for both the adults and children, we had a chicken nuggets pizza bar.
Each person made their own individual sized pizza with either the Cheesy Chicken Nuggets or the Spicy Chicken Nuggets, which is a great way to get children cooking in the kitchen.
The best part for me was being able to use ingredients that I am not allergic to. The Alfredo sauce turned out great for me and surprisingly I learned I like lettuce added to my pizza.
This recipe has quite a bit of variation in it and is great for both children and adults. It would work well to also use it for when guests come over so everyone can make a pizza to their taste buds. If you do invite children to make their own pizza, they will want to watch it cook in the oven and there may even be a hidden Mickey, if you look hard enough.
Cheesy Chicken Nuggets Pizza Bar
- 3 Tyson Cheesy Chicken Nuggets OR 3 Tyson Spicy Chicken Nuggets
- Premade mini pizza crust
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons tomato sauce OR 2 Tablespoons Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, if desired
- While oven is preheating to 450°, cook desired flavor of chicken nuggets in the microwave then roughly chop.
- Using extra virgin olive oil, lightly coat the pizza crust then add your choice of tomato sauce or Alfredo sauce.
- Cover with shredded cheese and add either cheesy chicken nuggets or spicy chicken nuggets.
- Lower the temperature to 425° and bake in the oven for approximately 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven when fully cooked. Cut and serve.
- Optional step: Add lettuce.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- Seven year old son: Two thumbs up and wants it for dinner again tomorrow night.
- Ten year old son: Two thumbs up and so happy he made it himself. Declares Chicken Nuggets Pizza the best meal ever.
- My husband: Two thumbs up. He even made an extra one for his lunch tomorrow.
- Me: Two thumbs up. Definitely found a new and easy meal we can make at home for less money than going out and is faster than ordering take out. Plus I never knew I liked lettuce on a pizza before.
To celebrate these new products there is a special offer. If you purchase specially marked packages of Tyson Cheesy Chicken Nuggets, just clip the coupon on the back of the package and take with you to Chuck E. Cheese to receive 130 Chuck E. Cheese tokens for just $25.
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. #LoveUrNuggets #shop #cbias